About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Monday, May 7, 2007

New Flower Garden

Well tonight we're out in the backyard planning for a new flower bed. After all, got to get ready for the BIG party next summer. (Katie's Graduation) I decided to put in 3 peony plants behind the house. I love peonies. We had some on Oporto. I really loved walking by them. They looked and smelled so awesome. I haven't decided what color yet. I probably won't decide until I get to Home Depot.
Last year we put in a Pink Dogwood. (Because it reminds me of mom, although I should have put in a Red Bud because it reminds me even more. Can't you just hear mom saying "Red Bud" :-) Anyway, it's not doing so hot. The winter was bad. The bottom branches are dead. But the top branches are still alive and getting ready to bloom. I hope the tree makes it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes they both remind me of mom. Red buds don't do well in Michigan.