About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Getting Ready For Daylight Savings

The end of Daylight Saving Time -- this year scheduled for Sunday, Nov. 6 -- makes people groan and complain, as the sun begins to set earlier and late afternoons grow dark, but researchers say that the return to natural rhythms can be healthy.


Though individuals may see their biological clocks reset, and will get an "extra hour" of sleep or rest over the weekend, researchers say that the stress caused by time changes can be bad for the body.  Those vulnerable to sleep deprivation should be extra careful.     (ABC NEWS)

All I know is, I don't like jumping time back and forth.  It messes up my sleep patterns for days/weeks.  I do like that it is lighter in the morning.  I don't like that it gets darker earlier in the evening.  I guess it only benefits the early risers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Especially those who go swimming at 7:00 a.m. I do like gaining the hour instead of losing the hour. Doesn't mess me up as much.