About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

From 11-11-11



I am a few days late with this post.  Better late then never.  We headed up north by about 10 am.  First stop was the outlet mall at Birch Run.  Big mistake.  Forgot it was "deer widow" weekend.  We quickly left.  I thought maybe the outlets at West Branch would be better.  I was right.  Did some shopping.  One item for me, one Christmas gift.  One item for me, one Christmas gift....  It was a beautiful sunny day.  Arrived in Boyne around 4 and checked in to the hotel.  Water Street Inn.  It's new - right on the water.  Very nice!!  A good find.  I have mom's skills.  Walked around downtown in all the familiar shops.  Dinner at Red Mesa. (of course)  Then, back to the hotel to read by the gas fireplace.
Got up early, Breakfast at "One Water Street."  Then a very nice visit with my dad.  He was having a good day ~ sure was great to spend some time with him.  Headed to Petoskey for the afternoon.  Had a great time shopping there.  Lunch at a new place (for us) Mitchell Street Pub.  It was pretty good.  I had white chili.  Late afternoon hot beverages at Roast & Toast.  Then to the park for some pictures.  (my batteries died in the camera :(    Back to Boyne for some relaxing by the FP, then dinner at Boyne Mountain.  We chose that because we read that there would be an entertainer.  Read that in the local "Graphic."  Get it every time we're there.  The guy sang and played the guitar.  We really enjoyed that.   The food was tasty too.  A bonus.  A very enjoyable weekend.

2 comments:

Chris said...

We do have that problem with shopping...one for me, one for them. Sounds like you guys had a beautiful weekend.

Unknown said...

Love the Graphic! Sounds like a nice weekend. Great pictures.