About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

No Smores Allowed

Had a great time camping with our friends the Hinspeters. Went to Brighton Recreation Area. It only rained Saturday night and it was a peaceful sounding sleep inducing rain. It was cloudy most of Sat. and today but that's ok. Went for a bike ride on some trails Sat. a.m. Probably a couple miles around Bishop Lake. Went canoeing and kayaking in the afternoon for about an hour and a half. It was very muggy. We all really enjoyed that though. Chilled out and read in the late afternoon. Tried a mango smirnoff drink. It was pretty good. Then we ate a grilled dinner of chicken, asparagus and veggie packets. Strawberry shortcake for dessert. We ate very healthy all weekend. yea! I have to go "out" to work tomorrow because we got a HUGE job. But my goals for the rest of the week include making homemade granola and some whole wheat muffins. The plan is to eat healthy and exercise because I cannot afford my $200/month diabetes meds. (that's just one of 3 that I take.)

2 comments:

Chris said...

glad you guys had a great time. We may have to go on a bike ride this week sometime. Tuesday night Trenton has a ball game and Thursday also. Maybe on Monday and Wed. Exercise helps the sugars too:)

Unknown said...

Grilled packets sound very good. I ate a lot all weekend. Gotta get back to healthy eating and exercise.