About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Thursday, June 11, 2009

French Laundry, Karen Pianki (Mayes), & Chicken Salad


Had a wonderful breakfast with Karen who I haven't seen in way too many years. It was fun to catch up! I am glad to know I am not the only one who can't believe I'm 50! We met at the French Laundry in Fenton. They serve wonderful food. I am happy to report that I didn't over do. For dinner I made an awesome Grilled Tarragon Chicken Salad over a bed of spinach, drizzled with raspberry vinaigrette. Even Nik said it was deliciouso! Secret ingredients were: tarragon, apples, walnuts, dried cherries tossed with a little light olive oil mayo. Oh and of course grilled chicken.

5 comments:

Karen said...

I'm one sick chick. Went to the farmer's market after our breakfast today. Bought some healthy fresh whole-grain artisan bread, some wonderful fresh asparagus, some fresh fruit and rhubarb....then came home and threw garlic butter on the asparagus, and turned all that fresh fruit into a double crust sugar and butter-laden pie. If I do that after next Monday --Weight Watchers Restart Day, ----you have my permission to come right into the store and smack me across the face and tell me to get with the program. For now I think I'll enjoy my last slice of pie for a long while.....[sigh].

Had fun today. Thanks for gettin' together.

Magnoliawhispers said...

who is Karen Mayes, I forget

Kathy said...

What a Farmer's Market? Where? I would've gone. :-) I don't even know how to make pie. Enjoy. Next time I'll come your way.
Karen is Ron & Ruth & Beth's sister.

Renee said...

If the kid likes it you know it must be good!

Unknown said...

To Karen, it sounds yummy. There is always tomorrow to start again; believe me.