About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Saturday, May 30, 2009

A Nice Day Rounded Out With a Favorite Activity

Got whooped by Nikki my personal trainer at 10 a.m. She really works me hard! I think it is paying off though. Went to Nicole's district softball games at noon. They won both games so now they are moving on to the regionals next weekend at SVU in Saginaw. She did awesome. She was moved up from JV to Varsity for the games. Then home for a bath and short rest. Went to Applebee's for dinner and actually had a good healthy dinner. I choose one of the WW points dinners. Then to GNC to pick up some protein powder and vitamins. Got these awesome shaker cups with a metal ball inside that is supposed to break up the chunks. Then went BB & B to check out the "bullet." It's kind of pricey... probably just use the new shaker cup thingies. Bought egg framer thingies - to make homemade egg mcmuffins. Finally, went to Borders to browse and have a no fat, no sugar, no caffeine hot beverage. Tonight was a vanilla/raspberry nofat latte. This is one of our favorite things to do. We read various books and magazines while sipping a yummy hot or cold beverage. Tonight we were reviewing the "Biggest Loser" books and couldn't resist buying, The Biggest Loser 30 Day Jumpstart. Does anyone know were you can buy Greek Yogurt and "Ezekiel" bread? They use those allot. I may go try Dale's natural foods tomorrow. I am very excited to try many of the recipes!

7 comments:

Karen said...

Trader Joe's has the yogurt and my Kroger has the bread~or any health food store should have it. Sounds like a fun day. Loved the pics of the wedding on FB. Was surprised to see Katie as a blond!

Chris said...

Funny you ask about the Greek yogurt. You can buy that at Sam's I will have to tell you how I know something like that. They say it is yummy....

Magnoliawhispers said...

I just stared eating Greek yogurt , it is delicious, well I eat it with a honey dollup, what are you doing with the protein powder, making meal replacements or snacks? Wow, you are into this bigtime, another thing you can eat is hummas

Karen said...

Kathy,
You can also get the Ezekiel bread at a regular Kroger store---they have a little health food section with a dairy case and freezer. It's in there.

I'm starting WW again. Favorite foods that helped me succeed.........SUBWAY, mcd's ice cream cones, baked Tostitos scoops with homemade fresh salsa, homemade soups, LOTS of tea--iced or hot, oat bran or a mini pepperidge Farm whole wheat bagel, Laughing cow low fat cheese wedges, spinach and onion omelets made with one whole egg and 2 whites, pbj's with real peanut butter, stir-'FRY' that had pretty much no oil in it over brown rice or bulger.

Don't stop exercising. It's so hard to get back on track. I haven't run in months and I've put WAYYYYYY too much weight back on.
How depressing to have wasted what I worked SO hard to accomplish. Now I've got to start all over again. [sigh]

Unknown said...

Well, I was going to write all about the Greek yogurt and ezekial bread, but I see you have lots of comments. Love Greek yogurt with a dab of honey.

Kathy said...

Thanks for all the tips everyone! Karen, we should get together soon!

Laura said...

you're on facebook? so am I...

be my friend...laura mcalpine

walked two miles yesterday