About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Last Day of May

Well we found the Ezekiel bread and the Greek yogurt at Dale's health food store. But, I will have to check the local Kroger since that's where it has been spotted. They may even have the yogurt, who knows. They just enlarged and improved our Kroger. While at Dales we decided to try a fresh sandwich. I had a veggie on pita and Sarah tried the hummus/veggie. They were both super yummy and actually rather decently priced.
Rented a tiller from HD and tilled the garden. Got it planted in with help from Renee & Sydney. Renee brought over Popsicle sticks for the markers and Syd helped me plant 2 flats of marigolds. (to deter the wabbits) She dug the holes with a little shovel - did a great job. She said, "I like planting a garden." She's got her eyes on the "salad" and cukes. We also planted: onions, tomatoes - 2 kinds, peppers, jalapenos, yellow squash, zucchini, okra ( that my sister sent me), shallots and I want to get a broccoli plant.
For dinner tonight we grilled a piece of chicken and then had portabello pizza. From the Biggest Loser Cookbook. It was quite good. I'm really starting to dig this whole healthy eating bit. Thanks everyone for your input and suggestions. I'm excited to try everything! Going to make some homeade hummus tomorrow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ya really need to go to TRADER JOES sometime next time you come down here. They have a sprouted bread that is only 7 carbs per slice and THE BEST greek yogurt. Garden sounds great. Watch those wabbits-they can hop right over the marigolds. You need to sprinkle chili powder on the plants.

Kathy said...

Oh, k will do that next time. I wondered about the marigolds. I have some chili powder, will do that when it dries out.