About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Joined a Gym

Friday we joined a local gym. Time to get in shape. It has cardio machines, weight machines and a pool! Yesterday I went to water aerobics. It was fun, but not so easy. An hour straight of exercising in the pool. The water makes it a little easier. The only problem; I still smell like chlorine. Reminds me of when I was a kid. I think I smelled like chlorine every day. - In the summer I mean when we would swim every day. I also signed up for 40 sessions with a personal trainer. Supposed to double your results. Still waiting for her to call. We've been going every day. Toady is men's day so it'll just be riding the bike up front in the "joint" area.
Other stuff going on:
Niki's softball games
mowing the lawn
trying to find a time to visit dad
the bathroom is finished
More softball games
Final count for the wedding

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I used to go to water arobics-I loved it.Funny about the chlorine. I know what you mean.

Magnoliawhispers said...

do you take a shower after and wash you hair? I need a personal trainer with a whip

Karen said...

When I was working out at the Y regularly, I decided to try my first water aerobics class and showed up for what I thought was a half-hour class. I drank almost an entire pot of tea that morning, like I usually do, but didn't think twice about it before I jumped in the pool for the class. At about the half hour mark I was about ready to double the liquid volume in the pool but THINKING it was only a half hour class, I decided I could make it just a few more minutes. Those few minutes turned into another half hour and by the time the class was over I was practically knocking down all the old ladies in the class so I could get to bathroom.

What a moron. Now I stick to the dreadmill and the machines. You'll love the gym, by the way. I've got to start hitting it again.

Kathy said...

yes, 2 showers Tues. still stinky. some lady's RED bathing suit is now pink/purple cuz of it. Oh well.
Funny story Karen. I know the feeling!