About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

I Got Sick of Watchng the Olympics So...

I flipped the cooking channel on. Mrs. Neely from Down Home With the Neeley's was on. She was making a delicious looking bread pudding. I decided to start baking and cooking. I whipped up a batch of that, it's baking now. We put some great new 'rub' on some chicken wings and we're goonna be bbqing them up in a little bit. Then when I was watchin the new Big Daddy's House he was makin some Au'Gratin Potatoes. So I decided to make some cheesy potatoes to go with the wings. Which by the way we're going to try some new sauce that we bought last time in Petosky - Cherry Hot BBQ. Then I whipped up a Green Been Blue Cheese Salad that I've been wanting to try. Next I'll be making:
Scones - umm I love scones, my grandma used to make them. I found a real easy recipe online.
Homemade Salsa - with tomatoes, peppers and jalapenos from the garden
Granola - I have all the ingredients for making a big batch of homemade granola.

I found that baking and cooking has relived a little stress. Who knows what I'll make tomorrow!
Tonight we'll be using our "Coke Rewards" rewards. 2 movies, a large bucket of popcorn and 2 sodas. Just what the Dr. ordered!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Calling a friend (me) to vent sometimes helps too ya know. Hope you're feeling better. :)

Kristen said...

whoa! lotsa trips back and forth to the grocery store or what?!?! =D

Kathy said...

ha. yeah a few!

Laura said...

I LOVE Down home with the Neelys! Wish I lived closer...I'd partake!

Hugs.

Laura said...

PS....what movie did you see?

Unknown said...

What do ya think? You are in a freakin' cooking olympics or something??!! Really it all sounds yummy!!!