About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Way Back Whens-Day

1. It’s that most wonderful time of the year…tax season! Do you complete your own returns or farm that job out to the professionals?

It goes to the professionals.  Because we go to the pros for the business, I just lump mine along in there also.



2. Which do you think has changed you more-love or pain?

Probably pain.  It does funny things to you, like make you look at your life more realistically.  Gives you a chance to see where you really need to make some changes.  For the better.


3. Tangerine Tango has been named color of the year for 2012. Your thoughts? Would I find this color anywhere in your house? How about in your closet? If not, will you be adding this color to your life in some way in 2012? If you’re not sure what tangerine tango looks like click here.
It's kind of a pretty color.  Don't have it in my house; probably won't .  Hmmm, I do have a sweatshirt in my closet that is close in color.  Maybe Tangerine Tango will show up on my blog.


4. Are you a collector? What do you collect and does it get admired, used, and/or dusted regularly?

Yes, a wee bit.  I think I picked up the habit from my mom.  I do have a collection of "Cherished Teddies."  It is in the curio cabinet.  I also have a collection of lighthouse figurines.  It is in the other curio cabinet.  I do collect genealogy information on both my mother's and father's sides of the family.


5. February is National Heart Month…besides a green salad what is one tasty heart healthy dish you like to prepare?
I've been making a white chicken chili for several years.  Good for you.  Lowfat.  Chicken, beans, cilantro.


6. When was the last time you had car trouble?
I had a flat tire on the expressway several years back.  I was by myself and it was quite scary! 


7. Have you been more demanding on yourself lately or less? Is that a good trend?
Maybe a little less.  I am starting to realize the limitations, ie health, tiredness etc... that come with getting older.  I am trying to not be such a stickler about the house being spotless ALL the time.....



8.  Your own random thought
Today, I add a 3 year old to the mix of babysitting.  I must be out of my mind!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yep, I think collecting runs in the family. The geneaology thing is way cool.