About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunday, Sunday

I made myself a veggie egg white omelet and coffee, Ahhh.  Then a trip to the Swartz Creek Farmer's Market.  Whoo, hoo!  It's small but I do like buying local.  There is a farmer that always has nice fresh picked produce and his farm is only a couple miles away.  I got peaches, red skinned baby potatoes, green beans, pickling cukes, a red onion.  Was supposed to have blueberries, but somehow they were left behind.  I decided to try my mom's recipe for "freezer pickles."  Going to make a batch tonight.  The blueberries were for some bran muffins, but I think I still have some in the freezer that I can use.  There is a pot roast in the crock pot.  Smells pretty good.  Then we went to a neat restaurant in Grand Blanc,  Brick Street.  We ate outside, very nice.  Then a stop at Meijers to get some supplies for the pickles.  Think I'm in for the day now.  Still battling the wicked cold that keeps hanging on.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love those pickles!!! Get better!!!

Magnoliawhispers said...

and just where did you get the recipe? haha