About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Saturday, July 30, 2011

What? July is Almost Over?

I feel like I've been gone for a month.  Or most of it.  I did take an extended camping trip ~ 11 days.  Eight days at Otsego Lake with the Renee's and family.  It was hot, hot, hot.  Good thing the camper has air conditioning.  We needed it most nights.  One night was too hot to have a campfire!  We spent most of the days either lazing around or in the lake.  Too bad the boat broke on the first day.  Then I spent 3 days camping with neicopher Karen and the kids.  Their first camping experience.  Poor Riles had to sleep on the floor.  She wasn't crazy about that, but I think she enjoyed the rest of it.  Including the giant marshmallows over the fire and made into smores.  Even Brady Boy seemed to have fun.  I surely enjoyed spending time with them.  We swam in the lake, picked up sticks around the campfire, cooked "boyscout" dinner, visited Dad, walked around Boyne City, played giant horseshoes, and a little baseball.  Now, back to the regular routine for a while.  Until next time.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Imagine, little "mimi" loving camping!!! Welcome back; nice to read your blog.

Kathy said...

It's "mlnl-me"

Kristen said...

Jess just going to ask if you were all blogged out too?! ;) at camp, we didn't have a campfire either bc it was too hot! Glad the trip with Kar was a success!