About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Just a Chillin' Kind of Day

Got up, walked the dog and decided I wanted to go out to breakfast.  Found a country place called "the Hotspot" in Coloma, Mi.  Not bad.  Drove around seeing the sights on the Blue Star Hwy.  Stopped at a dunes beach and walked down to Lake Michigan.  What a hike back "up" the sandy trail.  Went to a fruit market.  There are literally millions around.  So many fruit jams, spreads, salsa's, toppings, sauces" it's so hard to pick!  Then went to an Antique place that had everything including the kitchen sink.  They had 2 or 3 barns full and a yard.  It all smelled moldy to me.  LOL  Then went to another winery.  This one only sold fruit wines.  Very sweet and yummy.  Bought 3 bottles.  Only 2 for me; one for a friend.   Came home (back to the camper) made tortlilini with alfredo sauce and a mandrin orange/almond salad with "Salad Expressions" dressing.  I did indulge in 1/2 of the dark orange truffle.  Very good!  Some lucky person is gettting a 2-pack.  Tonight is homemade sloppy joes and probably all the leftover veggies etc...Dessert is blueberry/peach pies cooked over the fire.  I know I'm eating too much sugar~ Well it IS vacation.  I'm trying to still go "easy."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would love all the fruit markets and wineries!!! Sounds like a lovely day.