About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

First Ever 5k Walk = Success






So, I started and finished my first ever 5k (3.1 miles) walk. No matter that I finished next to last. The point is after all that I set a goal to complete the walk and I did. It was amazingly hard. Couldn't have done it with out Sarah's gentle positive encouragement. It was a nice evening and pleasant surroundings. Crossroads Village. The only incident came when at the end the idiot who was running the finish line took it down about 5 minutes before we were done. Nice. Not so nice words I had for the race personnel. Needless to say we are supposed to get a full refund. I am expecting a written apology ~ or watch out they will get a scathing letter from me.

4 comments:

Magnoliawhispers said...

good job, yur lookin good

Unknown said...

Wow great job considering you injury and everything. You look so good...I gotta diet!!

Kathy said...

Hey thanks!

Renee said...

I'm proud of you both, feels good doesn't it? Keep it up..