About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Big Dawg Water Ski Competition on Lake Jepawhit

When we lived in Gaines we heard about a private man made water ski lake that was built a few miles from the house. Whenever we drove by the gates were always locked. We were always curious about the place and just wanted to see what it looked like. Yesterday I was watching the morning news and they were talking about a ski competition on Lake Jepawhit in Gaines. Ah Ha I thought. That must be that lake we always wanted to see. So yesterday afternoon we drove over there and low and behold the gates were locked. Then we noticed a side road. Sure enough that was the access road to the lake. We could've seen the lake years ago, but we never knew about that side access road. Too funny. So we watched the Big Dawg slalom competition and had fun taking pictures and videos. Here is my favorite - shot by of course - me.

2 comments:

Magnoliawhispers said...

jumping jepawhit that looks like fun

Unknown said...

William's parents live on the corner there and I've always wanted to see it too...didn't know anybody could get in...let me know the next time you go out there...I'd love to join!