About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Saturday, July 26, 2008

What Do Golf, Herbs, & Elizabeth's Breakfast Stew Have In Common?

They are all things I have enjoyed previously at one time or another and have partaken of this weekend. Yesterday we decided to dust off the ole golf clubs and headed over to the local 9 hole par 3 course. It was fun and just 5 bucks. The herbs and the breakfast stew kind of go hand in hand. Sarah had a job in Ann Arbor so we decided to head over to the Farmer's Market. We ate of course at "The Broken Egg" and I had my old favorite breakfast, Elizabeth's Breakfast Stew. Many years ago it was named, The Kitchen Sink. It's still the same stuff, hashbrowns, sliced potatoes, ham, bacon, peppers, onions and eggs! Yummy, especially with a spalsh of Clancey's hot sauce. The herbs, well I used to plant and use alot of herbs. I have kind of gotten away from that. I decided today to buy a big bunch of basil and make some pesto tonight. So, that got me to buying a couple of herbs. Of course the basil and also some mint for my iced tea and mojitos!

3 comments:

Magnoliawhispers said...

what do you eat the basil pesto with?

Unknown said...

I gotta make my pesto this year. Pesto is good on angel hair pasta as a meal or as an appetizer on bread and crackers. It is good on pizza too. Yummy I LOVE it. The broken egg? A month ago we stopped in there and it was really busy. I miss going to the market; my fav. thing to do.

Kathy said...

I read that you could also spread on bruchetta.