About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Monday, April 30, 2007

One's Man's Treasure...

This weekend was the BIG Garage Sale. Friday was not too nice but Sat. and Sun. were warm and sunny. Friday started out with a huge scare. A man in a big white van was driving around the neighborhood at 7:00 a.m. trying to supposedly ask kids about the sale. But, he went about it all wrong. Someone called the cops on him because he tried to call her daughter to the van. Duh, you just can't do that in this day and age. I still say he was a perv and just using the garage sale for an excuse. The cops pulled him over right in front of our house!
Sales were slow on Friday because of the weather. Saturday was really the best day. We made a couple hundred bucks altogether. It's funny what people pass up and then all of a sudden someone will buy. There was this halloween decoration that's been in several sales. I finally marked it down to 25 cents and a lady finally bought it on Sunday. I sat out in the sun too long and got a pretty wicked sunburn. Tried to sell Hot Dogs and chips on Saturday. It was kind of a bust. I probably only broke even. Oh well. I guess I bought too much.

2 comments:

Jan said...

That was very scary. I hope they bust that guy.

Unknown said...

that's what always scares me about garage sales