About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Mystery Pain Diagnosed

Well, this morning I got up early to head off to Genesis Hosp. for an EMG test. If you're thinking that doesn't sound fun, you're right! At 8:15 I was having major electrical impulses jolting through both my arms. (one at a time) And if that wasn't enough after that I had (ummmm let's see what did the good Dr. call them) electrodes or something [I call them needles] inserted into the muscles in my arms and hands. Ouch, I still have puncture wounds! I was however able to receive immediate results. I have Carpel Tunnel Syndrome. Didn't Mom have that? I remember her wearing wrist braces on and off for a while. I will probably have to see the Dr. again to find out what torture I mean treatment will be needed. I may have to lay off the computer typing for a while. I don't think it helps. Maybe I'll get a "voice" activated computer. Is there such a thing? I hope it doesn't affect my newly found hobby of scrap-booking...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

they can do surgery and yes the comuter makes it worse. First they would put splints. so how does that diagnose the pain in the rest of your body? I have a spot on my arm that feels like a huge bruise--it is a knot. I guess wresling with the boys isn't good for my body.