About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

August Already

I had a record low number of blogs for last month. Several reasons. Mostly I just didn't feel like writing. It happens sometimes. Also, this past week I've been very busy. Had to go out to the job sites 6 out of 7 days starting with last Sunday. The only day off was Thursday. Business picked up about double, so that's a good thing. Just makes things more hectic. This next month is going to be really crazy. We are leaving today for Otsego Lake up by Gaylord. We'll be there all week. Well most of us. Sarah will drop Niki and I off and drive back home to work this week. Never ending work. Then I am meeting 2 of my nieces on Sunday at DTE for the Michael W Smith/Amy Grant concert. Looking forward to that.

Then home for a few days and off again to camp at MIS where we will then watch the NASCAR race on Sunday. My birthday gift to Sarah. She has always wanted to attend the race. I want to visit: Cambridge Junction Historic State Park. It is the site of Walker Tavern, a major stopping place for stagecoaches traveling between Detroit and Chicago in the early nineteenth century. The site tells the story of taverns and stagecoach travel for early Michigan residents.



Home for about a week, then off to Cleveland OH to the Safeguard Properties Convention where we will hob-nob with other contractors and sit in sessions all day to hopefully pick up some procedures to help in the work flow. We will eat darn good. With any luck maybe we will win one of the HD cards or cash prizes this year! Home for another week then off to Myers Lake Campground for our annual Labor Day group camping. Now, (Marlene) that will be the end of summer as we know it!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Last Labor Day you spent with us!!! WOW you have a seriously BUSY month ahead. You guys will have a great time though.

Unknown said...

Well you sure did make up for not writing much in July. Now, let me write this all down on my calendar so I can keep it straight. Wait a minute....I am leaving August 17 and not coming home until Sept. 9. Summer is offically over Sept. 21 or close to. Wow! P.S. Might just buy me a concert ticket :) if I can get Donaldo to say yes.