About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Sometimes

do you wonder how you got to, say, Thursday of the week? I can't believe it's already Thursday and I have no real idea what I've been doing. It's all a blur for some reason. It's not even that I've been exceptionally busy or anything. At least I don't think I have. LOL I kid-sat yesterday. Um what else? We got Niki a car finally. Ford (yay) Contour SVT. Some sporty special edition. 5- speed, reminds me of the good ole days. Went to the funeral home for a friend of Nik's whose father committed suicide. Now that's a tough one. I think I went grocery shopping. But, for crying out loud I haven't even done the laundry yet. I don't really feel that I've done an extreme amount of work, so hmmmm, I'm stymied. This morning I did go to the eye doc. My right eye is about 20% worse, so I picked out some new specs. The doc said that my eyes look really good for someone with diabetes for twenty years. Only one spot of blood. I guess they would typically see more. So, that's a good thing. Talked to an old friend from way back UPBC days, that was fun. Caught up on the episodes of "Biggest Loser." Kept an eye on Bailey's sister , who was very well behaved. Just barks a little more than Bay does. Well, there you have it.

5 comments:

Magnoliawhispers said...

diabetes for 20 yrs...what?

Unknown said...

Sounds like you have been busy and the time just flew by. Wow I remember the time I took you to Beaumont and you were really sick and that's when they found out about your diabetes. Hard to believe that was 20 years ago. You were one sick puppy. Mom and dad were away I think and I stayed part of the night. Glad it hasn't affect your eyes too much. Gotta keep up the good work and be really careful!! Promise?

Kathy said...

well.... it might actually only be 17 or 18.... I was just kind of rounding....

Unknown said...

Good playlist. I really like it.

Kristen said...

was that the time Kath you had a fever of like 100 for like 2 weeks and they just didn't know what it was? I remember that. that was freaky. did you get a rash too? my friend(neighbor) just got diagnosed with Lyme- shes been not feeling good for a very long time. :(