About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Scrapbook Extravaganza


Late yesterday afternoon, Renee (my neighbor) and I drove to Marlene's to sort through Marlene & Karen's scrapbook stuff before they took it to the resale shop. We sorted through the piles, picking out armloads of goodies. We both ended up with a trunk load of goodies for a very fair price. Marlene said that she set garage sale prices. After driving through Fenton (see next para.) and stopping at Subway for a quick sub, we arrived home and quickly decided to reorganize my scrapbook materials. I dragged my stuff across the street and the fun began. Renee helped me organize and set up my "stuff" so I can better access my things. We then did a few pages. I pooped out about 11:00 p.m. I have to go get my stuff today because I was too tired to drag it home last night!

Even though the signs on the expressway said, "all exits to Fenton closed," we decided to see how far we could get. We were actually able drive right down into Fenton. It was devastating. Roads were closed to neighborhoods that had massive trees down in the streets, and on rooftops. The downtown area had a massive amount of trees twisted and broken. We couldn't really see the worst part of the damage because those areas were blocked off with yellow tape. It was pretty scary stuff!

p.s. Thanks for sharing the paper, Renee!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW on Fenton. WE should have taken those storm warnings a little more seriously. Welcome to the world of scrapbooking. You are a charter member. I don't think you had a "carload" of stuff from my house though:)

Lisa said...

I put pictures up of Holly, it didn't seem to get it as bad as Fenton, but Grange Hall Rd got tore up near Seven Lakes State Park.