About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Now Can I Start the Count Down?

So, I have to go back to work next Monday. I'm trying to make the most of my last week, but I seem to keep getting caught up in the mundane. Tasks that must be completed before I'm too busy to do anything about them.
Two Dr.'s appointments
Pick up my new glasses
Take the dog to the vet for shots and heart worm
Get an oil change in the Blazer
Call the insurance company about the crack in the windshield
Get my tire replaced (ARGH! There was a nail in it, and it was non-fixable!)
Wait for the mattress people

However, on a much "brighter" note, Monday night we stayed up late with the Aurands to watch the meteor shower. It was touted to be the biggest and the best because of the New Moon. (No light to interfere) We saw a fair share, we "ohhhhhed" and "Ahhhhhed", but nothing prepared us for what happened next. There was a bright flash in the sky, we all screamed. (yes, even Tom!) We saw the hugest meteor, complete with firey ball and swooshing tail. It even hung in the sky for several seconds. Even Bailey saw it. :-) It was really worth the yawns the next morning! We all decided it was a once in a life time event!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Let the count down begin....I'm going to start on the 21st also, for the last week of summer school. After that we will all be back. The summer went fast, I'm glad~I'm broke!! I wish we were your neighbor's (I can hear you, careful now!!!) you have way more fun than we do. :)