About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Big Sister - Little Sister

I grew up only having big sisters. Maybe I will write about that another time. I have never had a little sister. However, that is all about to change. I have applied to become a BIG (that's what they call it) through the Big Brothers-Big Sisters organization. The case worker came over to the house yesterday and had quite a lengthy list of questions. Many of the questions were about making and keeping friendships and how do I maintain them, etc. Well, of course I immediately thought of my old (not in age) friend Laura. It was easy to talk about how we became friends and maintained our friendship after all these years! Laura now has her first grandchild, so I guess that makes her a grandma! She is back in Michigan, so one of these days I'm going to visit her and her son Ken and her new grandchild whose name I think is Rose. Imagine that! Anyway, I'm looking forward to being the Big Sister for once and can't wait to meet my Little Sister.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW INTERESTING ABOUT LAURA AND YOU BEING A BIG SISTER. I NEVER THOUGHT OF YOU AS THE LITTLE SISTER, BUT I GUESS YOU ARE :) MMMMMMMMMM...I THINK YOU NEED TO BLOG ABOUT THAT. I WANT TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY :)