About Me

My photo
The Creek, Michigan, United States
I am a fifty-something diabetic who really needs to become more fit and healthy. If you want to know more, read on.

Monday, April 2, 2012

My New Favorite Apple

Pink Lady.  I had one today that was from the Door To Door basket.  It was so good.  A little tart which is what I like.  We are doing well at diving into the goodies.  Sarah made baked pears last night.  Very tasty.  (even tho I NEED Marlene's recipe.)  [So when you close down your food blog it takes all the recipes right with it.........]  Grin.
Check out my other blog for today's recipe.

7 comments:

As You See the Day Approaching said...

what is a door to door basket?

Unknown said...

Favorite apple of mine too. Sorry about the blog-too much writing. That one is all in my head: Halve the pears and scoop out seeds. Add rum or rum flavoring, coconut sugar or other sugar replacement, cinnamon, and pecans if desired. Cover and cook 400 until tender. Some pears can take up to an hour. Might have to add a little water while cooking.

Kathy said...

I sent the link to you. IT's called "Door to Door Organics."

Kathy said...

K thanks. I thought you added goat cheese sometimes, or no?

As You See the Day Approaching said...

wow, I thought ya'll were getting food donations from the food pantry or something :)

Unknown said...

I added Marscapone cheese once. It was good!

Unknown said...

Okay, enough on the apple and pears too. Get on with another blog.